Darren started his career in lift engineering with Schindler in 1995 and has over 23 years industry experience. He studied electrical and electronic engineering at DIT Dublin and has extensive experience in new lift construction projects and modernisation and has assumed a range of executive roles in technical and commercial fields of the business.
Since joining MovvéO in 2017 Darren has successfully grown the MovvéO business in Ireland and Northern Ireland and has attracted many notable clients such as Facebook, Jones Lang LaSalle and Radius Housing.
In the last year Darren has played a key role in the development specific the industries CPD’s which are delivered to external parties.
Darren is currently consulting on multiple new construction planning and Modernisation projects as part of the development MovvéO in Ireland and Northern Ireland.
A big part of the MovvéO portfolio of services in Northern & Southern Ireland lead by Darren is the financial asset planning and a clearer understanding by clients of their portfolio and obligations as owners and this has been greatly received by our clients and has given them a clear road map for their equipment for their next 20 years.
Lift Equipment Specification
Competent in producing specification documents for new lift equipment in both new and existing buildings, tendering and tender evaluation.
Competent in undertaking detailed surveys of existing lift systems and producing modernisation specification documents for existing buildings, tendering and tender evaluation.
- Competent to manage complex lift/escalator installation or modernisation projects to achieve completion within budget and target time scales..
- Competent to advice on strategies to manage project resources, critical paths, progamme time scales and key milestones.
- Competent in producing performance based maintenance contract documents and tendering
- Competent in managing the maintenance contractor on behalf of the client
- Competent in performing performance based maintenance audits & detailed equipment reviews
Competent to undertake detailed lift/escalator equipment surveys and maintenance audits and produce condition reports and improvement recommendations.
Competent in carrying out inspection & snagging of new vertical transportation equipment and modernised equipment
- Competent in diagnosing faults to component level
Health & Safety
- Competent to fulfill CDM Principal Designer’s duties on lift projects
- Ability to undertake and prepare risk assessments
- Ability to produce specific documents
- Asbestos Awareness Training
Working at Height Training
Codes and Standards
- Has firm understanding of all relevant legislation, European standards and industry codes of practice.
- LM Lift Material
- Thames Valley Controls
- UK Lifts
Communications & access control systems
- Knowledge of building communication & security systems