Greg Harris has over 42 years’ experience in the field of Vertical Transportation engineering, during which he has worked and been involved in a variety of mainly technical roles within the industry business sectors.
He has developed a detailed and broad level of experience in the installation, project management, new development, modernisation and maintenance sectors whilst working on a wide variety of Vertical Transportation equipment around the world.
Greg first joined MovvéO (formerly Lerch Bates) in 2006 as a Senior Consultant and re-joined in 2014 after a short sabbatical. In his current role as Regional Director Greg heads up the Birmingham office as well as being responsible for accident/incident investigations. He continues to expand his education and knowledge attending courses and presentations on Vertical Transportation and Health & Safety. Greg has worked for well known UK ‘Blue Chip’ clients such as Marks & Spencer, and Tesco Stores Limited. Greg has also worked on numerous prestigious modernisation projects.
- Greg has been involved in numerous expert witness cases
- Competent to diagnose faults and repair to component level
- Ability to undertake and prepare generic and specific risk assessments
- Ability to undertake and prepare generic and specific documents
- Manager – Lift and Escalator Industry Accreditation expires February 2016
- Greg has a broad knowledge of all VT equipment both past and present