Gurpal Gill has over 30 years experience in the engineering and lift industry, starting as an apprentice working through vertical transportation design, maintenance, modernisations, construction, manufacturing and testing, finally holding various management roles.
He worked with Gregson & Bell Ltd and then Ace Elevators Ltd for 28 years and throughout that time developed a detailed and broad based level of experience of vertical transportation engineering from design concept through manufacturing onto construction and testing.
He holds a Higher National Certificate in Mechanical Engineering from Bradford College, West Yorkshire amongst other VT related industry qualifications and is a member of The Institute of Engineering and Technology Group.
Gurpal joined MovvéO (formerly Lerch Bates) in 2006 as a Senior Consultant and has worked on projects for well known UK “Blue Chip” clients such as TK Maxx, Primark, Tesco, Barclays, Local Authorities and the NHS.
- Competent to diagnose faults to component level
- Technician Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Competent in manufacturing processes of lift slings, cars, landing frames and doors
- Certified and approved to CDM perform duties
- Ability to undertake and prepare risk assessments
- Ability to produce specific documents
- Lift Installer accreditation
- Mac Pursa
- Ace Elevators
- Costruzioni Meccaniche Mezzago (CMM)