After gaining his degree in Electro-Technic, Jean-François Quivrin started his carrier at Kone in 1996, being in charge of the lifts maintenance for 5 years. He then joined the SNCF (French national railways company) to take care of works and managing contractors for the lift and escalator portfolio at Gare de Lyon. With seven years background of technical expertise in lift & escalator maintenance, he started to work for well known consulting firms such as Norisko/Dekra, Socotec where his main roles were to check and certify new lifts, and newly modernised high rise buildings.
In 2007, Jean-François joined Alternative Conseil where he was responsible for modernisation projects and major clients such as Descartes and Sorbonne Universities, Domaxis, Arepa.
Bringing more than 15 years of technical expertise and portfolio management in the lift industry, Jean-François joined the Paris office of MovvéO (formerly Lerch Bates) in June 2011 as Senior Consultant.
Lift Equipment Specification
- Competent in producing specification documents for new lift equipment in both new and existing buildings, tendering and tender evaluation.
- Competent in undertaking detailed surveys of existing lift systems and producing modernisation specification documents for existing buildings, tendering and tender evaluation.
- Expert in current marketplace rates and prices, obsolescent parts and modernisation solutions to improve reliability.
- Extensive knowledge of French Standards and LOLER (Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations).
Tendering & Negotiation Skills
- Ample experience in tendering large maintenance contracts and negotiating with Lift Contractors on behalf of clients.
Control System Design
- Management of large and small lift/escalator portfolios to ensure compliance, reliability and cost effective repairs & maintenance.
- Competent to manage complex lift/escalator installation or modernisation projects to achieve completion within budget and target time scales.
- Competent to advise on strategies to manage project resources, critical paths, progamme time scales and key milestones.
- Competent in producing performance based maintenance contract documents and tendering.
- Extensive experience in maintenance contracts and large portfolios.
- Experienced in designing and producing various types of maintenance contracts.
- Competent to undertake detailed lift/escalator equipment surveys and produce reports.
- Extensive knowledge of modernisation equipment.
- Competent in carrying out performance testing of all existing and new VT equipment.
- Competent in diagnosing faults to component level.
- Competent in carrying out Acceptance Inspection & snagging of new VT equipment.
- Ability to undertake and prepare risk assessments.
- Certification from The Institute of Occupational Safety & Health.
Codes and Standards
- Has general understanding of all standards, codes and practice and regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of standards and codes with regard to the design of buildings and their approaches to meet the needs of disabled people.