Michael has over 14 years’ experience in the field of vertical transportation, during which time he has worked in a variety of design and engineering roles. He gained his MSc in Lift Engineering at Northampton University whilst working for Liftwise, which was part of the Quality Lift Group (QLP). Michael joined QLP as a project engineer where he was responsible for producing all CAD drawing and design information. Progressing to project manager Michael was in charge of concept through to completion of all regional vertical transportation projects.
Following his time at QLP Michael joined CAPITA to head up the Southampton vertical transportation team on many different types of schemas from concept design, traffic analysis, refurbishment and maintenance portfolio management. During his time at CAPITA Michael implemented new methods of working for the lift department, which significantly improved client relations. He project lead all the lift projects for Southampton District Council from PQQ to contract completion, including all RIBA stages. Projects included car parks, schools, residential and office blocks. He also managed Lift maintenance contractors to optimise performance and help improve service to the client. Other projects included hospital lift design specifications for a number of NHS trusts.
In July 2015 Michael joined MovvéO as a Project Director to concentrate on new development schemas in relation to all aspects of vertical transportation design through from concept to project completion.
High Rise Design
- Competent in the VT design of new buildings – Commercial, residential, hotel, shopping centre, etc and production of Concept & Schematic Design Reports
Lift System Design
- Extensive experience of traffic analysis and design of lift services
- Competent understanding of AutoCad to produce VT layout drawings
- Competent in carrying out performance testing of all new VT equipment
- Experience in carrying out snagging of all new VT equipment
- Working knowledge of CDM requirements
- Ability to undertake and prepare generic and specific risk assessments
- Ability to produce generic and specific documents