After completing an HNC in Electrical Engineering, Tich-Duc Tran began his career with KONE in 1981 as a service technician for lifts. Throughout his 20 years of field experience, he undertook many important roles including Technical Support and Team Training to Technical Team Management in Paris and its surroundings.
In 2002 he took over operational responsibility for the largest and most profitable KONE centre in Paris La Défense, managing a team in charge of more than 1100 high-tech equipment and a portfolio of blue chip customers such as DEFACTO, AREVA, AXA, BNP, EDF, ALSTOM, Bouygues, Groupama, and EADS.
In 2010, Tich-Duc assumed the responsibility of design office manager for new installations and modernisation projects in the High Rise Department. He actively participated in the development of various major modernisation projects such as Aéroports de Paris, RATP, SNCF, TOTAL, the RITZ Palace, and Les Galeries Lafayette Haussmann.
With this rich and diverse experience in both technical and project management, Tich-Duc joined MovvéO (formerly Lerch Bates) in November 2012 as senior consultant within the Paris office for Modernisation and High Rise Projects, bringing with him more than 30 years of lift industry expertise.
Lift Equipment Specification
- Competent in producing specification documents for new lift equipment in both new and existing buildings, tendering and tender evaluation.
- Competent in undertaking detailed surveys of existing lift systems and producing modernisation specification documents for existing buildings, tendering and tender evaluation.
- Expert in current marketplace rates and prices, obsolescent parts and modernisation solutions to improve reliability.
- Extensive knowledge of French Standards and LOLER (Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations).
Tendering & Negotiation Skills
- Ample experience in tendering large maintenance contracts and negotiating with Lift Contractors on behalf of clients.
Control System Design
- Management of large and small lift/escalator portfolios to ensure compliance, reliability and cost effective repairs & maintenance.
- Competent to manage complex lift/escalator installation or modernisation projects to achieve completion within budget and target time scales.
- Competent to advise on strategies to manage project resources, critical paths, progamme time scales and key milestones.
- Competent in producing performance based maintenance contract documents and tendering.
- Extensive experience in maintenance contracts and large portfolios.
- Experienced in designing and producing various types of maintenance contracts.
- Competent to undertake detailed lift/escalator equipment surveys and produce reports.
- Extensive knowledge of modernisation equipment.
- Competent in carrying out performance testing of all existing and new VT equipment.
- Competent in diagnosing faults to component level.
- Competent in carrying out Acceptance Inspection & snagging of new VT equipment.
Communications & Access Control Systems
- Knowledge of building communication & security systems.
- PAC, Entrotec, BPT, Raytel, Blick & GDX.
- Ability to undertake and prepare risk assessments.
- Certification from The Institute of Occupational Safety & Health.
Codes and Standards
- Has general understanding of all standards, codes and practice and regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of standards and codes with regard to the design of buildings and their approaches to meet the needs of disabled people.